[squeak-dev] Squeak board meeting minutes, 2008-03-19

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Thu Mar 20 00:03:35 UTC 2008

Hi--

      The Squeak board meets on first and third Wednesdays. At the
2008-03-19 meeting, all board members were present (Dan Ingalls, Craig
Latta, Bert Freudenberg, Yoshiki Ohshima, Tim Rowledge, Randal Schwartz,
Igor Stasenko). Andrew Black, from the previous board, also attended to
hand off old business. Thanks to Andrew, Cees de Groot and Stéphane
Ducasse for their service on the previous board!

      Andrew said that he had Squeak badges remaining, and that he would
send some back to Tim, and hand off the rest to Randal in person at some
point.

      Thanks to everyone who has been discussing the squeak.org website.
It is our unanimous recommendation that Janko lead the web team, and
continue coordinating work on the Squeak website. Our main concerns are
that the site be "search engine friendly", and that content updates
happen in a timely fashion. While we don't think a change in the site's
infrastructure is strictly necessary to address those concerns, we like
what Janko has done so far and appreciate the energy he has brought to
the task.

      We exhausted the hour we had for the meeting before addressing
Brian Rice's request (about updating the content at the current site).
Sorry about that, Brian. Speaking for myself, it looks like Janko's demo
is far enough along that Brian might be able to make the updates there.
I'm hoping that he and Janko can come to some agreement about this. As
the Teams coordinator, I'm happy to help further that discussion.

      Finally, the board agrees that the web team list is a better place
than squeak-dev to discuss the website. If you care about the website,
please join and participate[1]!

      thanks!

-C