[squeak-dev] Re: [Etoys] Accented character input

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Thu Mar 20 16:42:48 UTC 2008

  Walter,

> The OLPC Spanish keyboard layout uses dead_keys. The US International
> keyboard uses Unicode combining characters. I am serious thinking of
> switching to dead_keys for everywhere I can, as I think it makes it
> easier for everyone. But I am now troubled by Yoshiki's report.

  *Now*, Etoys supports both keyboards more or less, it is ok for OLPC
(and for us) to switching to dead_keys for everywhere.

  There are some other obscure input methods that GTK tends to support
but Etoys still doesn't.  But as long as you switch to dead_key or
multi_key or Unicode combining characters, we can do it without a
(big) problem.

-- Yoshiki