[squeak-dev] Re: Swazoo - LGPL or MIT?

Paolo Bonzini bonzini at gnu.org
Fri Mar 21 16:40:47 UTC 2008

> I need a clear, official and legal waterproof answer on this.

I gave you that answer, here is it a clearer one.  I don't know if you
will consider it legally waterproof -- and you cannot consider it
official of course.

If your changes are subclasses of something is clearly part of the
interface (you cannot use Swazoo without providing those subclasses, and
those subclasses are not important to other users of Swazoo), adding
your subclasses is not going to LGPL.

If you modify existing methods it's going to be LGPL.  But in general if
your changes affect something is clearly part of the internal working of
Swazoo, e.g. you fixed a bug or added a new feature that other users of
the interface could use, it's going to LGPL.

Paolo