[squeak-dev] Is Morphic 'frozen'?

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 04:06:54 UTC 2008

Hello all,

forgive me for my ignorance, i'm just want to know the current state
of Morphic package and it's destiny.

- is Morphic is 'frozen' by now?
- is there are people who spending time improving/reviewing it?

My concern is not about fixing bugs or supporting it in general but
about moving forward.

Lately, Gary Chambers added new feature to his UI Enhancements package
to support a different kinds of fill styles (through subclassing a
FillStyle).
And after overlooking the changes/extensions it gives me a feeling
that there is an big need in refactoring in Morphic to support this
nice feature, instead of dealing with workarounds.

Who in charge there? Who is deciding what is good and what is bad?
And how such things (like better and more flexible FillStyles) or any
other improvements can find a way to make them appear in Morphic?
Being more than a year with squeak community i didn't saw any
noticeable movement around improvement Morphic/UI except Gary's work.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.