[squeak-dev] Re: LargeInteger benchmarks?

Paolo Bonzini bonzini at gnu.org
Sat Mar 22 09:03:45 UTC 2008

Andreas Raab wrote:
> Hi -
> I'm looking for benchmarks that can be used to compare the speed of
> large integer operations. Does anyone have some benchmarks for those?
> Any ideas how to devise a couple of them that have realistic performance
> characteristics?

This one:

is quite a microbenchmark but it effectively stresses all of:

- LargeInteger x LargeInteger performance
- LargeInteger x SmallInteger performance
- GC performance on LargeIntegers

(GST for example is great on the first two and sucks on the last, so
it's good for small n and bad for large n...)