[squeak-dev] Re: Swazoo - LGPL or MIT?

Paolo Bonzini bonzini at gnu.org
Sat Mar 22 18:04:07 UTC 2008

> Personally I would move it.  I know there has been a discussion on
> here about what is affected, but afaik not by lawyers.  And even they
> are lawyers, until this part of the license has a precedence set in
> court I think it's still a risk.  For example, if Seaside got popular
> enough to pop up on the FSF radar, how do we know they wouldn't argue
> from another angle that makes Seaside appear in violation.

I don't understand why I am still subscribed to this mailing list if all
I can read here is shit like this.  Why should the FSF give a damn about
Seaside?  They are not the copyright holders of Swazoo.

True, I and Andreas are not lawyers (and even if I were, the legal
system in my country is completely different), but at least we try to
make sense.

Paolo