[squeak-dev] Re: Swazoo - LGPL or MIT?

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Sat Mar 22 18:21:47 UTC 2008

On 22-Mar-08, at 10:05 AM, Sebastian Sastre wrote:

> AFAIK the ported seaside code should not be part of the commercially
> licenced VW
> code. It should be a MIT piece of software running on top of a
> commercial one
> (like Squeak runing on Win32/Mac). But I'm not an expert, just
> common sense.

Not necessarily.  The MIT license allows Cincom to do pretty much
whatever they want with Seaside, including sublicensing it to their
customers under a comercial license. As long as Cincom isn't charging
extra for Seaside, It probably doesn't matter much, because you can't
run Seaside on VW without a license from Cincom anyway, but it's
probably worth clarifying.

Colin