[squeak-dev] Re: Request for the foundation

nicolas cellier ncellier at ifrance.com
Sat Mar 22 20:22:27 UTC 2008

Andreas Raab a écrit :
> That makes no sense. The agreement was exclusively for past
> contributions to the image and did explicitly not cover external
> packages or future contributions.
>
> Cheers,
>   - Andreas
>
> stephane ducasse wrote:
>> Hi guys
>>
>> I would like to get the official list of persons that signed the MIT
>> license release for Squeak.
>> We should get that list officially posted so that user of packages can
>> get the garantee
>> that the code is under MIT.
>>
>> Stef

I do not feel like putting a license statement in each and every .cs i
upload for patching the kernel. These problems are becoming quite boring.

There could be a clear message stating that publishing code on mantis
implies MIT license, unless explicitely specified.

For external packages, this is different, SqueakMap has all what is
needed to clearly state the license, squeak source too. It's a less
boring operation than on mantis, because you do it once for the whole
package, not for every single patch.

Nicolas