[squeak-dev] Re: Swazoo - LGPL or MIT?

Sebastian Sastre ssastre at seaswork.com
Sat Mar 22 22:35:40 UTC 2008

> I don't see how money has anything to do with with. Even charging for
> GPL software is ok by anybody including the FSF.
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

All this is about licenced things and things are licenced to make it able to be protected by a legal system in case of conflict of interests or claims (reasonables or not).
Legal systems in all countries measures all with money. So, for instance, somebody can claim XX money because of XX damage he/she is claiming to have.

By the way DISclaimERS are also meant to help in that part. I'm seeing squeak official license also disclaims.

	cheers,

Sebastian