[squeak-dev] Re: Request for the foundation

Pavel Krivanek squeak1 at continentalbrno.cz
Sun Mar 23 15:54:31 UTC 2008

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 3:26 PM, stephane ducasse
<stephane.ducasse at free.fr> wrote:
> The website says the following: http://www.squeak.org/SqueakLicense
>
>  > On 23 September 1996, Apple Computer Inc. released Squeak V1.1 under
>  > the "Squeak License" (SqL).
>  >
>  > On May 8, 2006 Apple agreed to relicense original Squeak V1.1 under
>  > the Apple Public Source License.
>  >
>  > On October 12, 2006 Apple granted permission to relicense under
>  > Apache license 2.0.
>  >
>  > In 2006, VPRI began to collect "Distribution Agreements" for all
>  > contributors to Squeak since V1.1 up to V3.8, asking them to
>  > relicense their contributions, which were originally licensed under
>  > SqL, to the MIT license. This was a great effort on behalf of many
>  > and VPRI has 100s of signed documents agreeing to this.
>  >
>  So this means that 3.9, 3.10 and others are not covered! Will the
>  foundation do something about that?

I suppose that covered code is author specific - till the signature
date. And because the SqueakL was still the main project license, new
posts are under this license :-(
So it seems that we will have to collect new agreements...
We need the list that Stef requested with signature dates.

-- Pavel