[squeak-dev] Re: Swazoo - LGPL or MIT?

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Mon Mar 24 13:31:14 UTC 2008

Jason Johnson wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 10:46 AM, Bruce Badger <bwbadger at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 24/03/2008, Jason Johnson <jason.johnson.081 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  > I must say I find it ironic that one of the people who said "Licenses?
>>  >   Don't worry about those!" now the victim of license concerns (i.e.
>>  >  being forced to use LGPL whether he wants to or not).
>>
>>  Sorry, who do you mean?
>
> Janko.  A while back he was laughing at us for worrying about this
> "silly license nonsense".

I'm personally still thinking the same, after all that thread even more!

First, this is not my problem in my part of the world, where I am as an
author protected by default. The fact that I'm dealing with licenses at
all is just because I take care about whole Smalltalk community and
don't like that some fundamentalists stale it!

It think a Smalltalk community need to start writing a license named
Smalltalk, an international one, then with national variants, where you
can complicate to death if you want. Just live other parts of the world
alone!

Janko

--
Janko Mivšek