[squeak-dev] Swazoo, history of mentioning of license

Bruce Badger bwbadger at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 00:29:45 UTC 2008

The only important point here is this:

On 25/03/2008, Janko Mivšek <janko.mivsek at eranova.si> wrote:
>  1. apr00 by Joseph Bacanskas [1]:
>
>  At CampSmalltalk, I participated in the start of a web application
>  server project named Swazoo (Smalltalk Web Application Zoo).  It is an
>  ambitious project that has a great deal of very fine work contributed by
>  Janko Misvek (Aida) and Ken Treis (an HTTP/1.1 server).  Swazoo is an
>  ongoing project being hosted on SourceForge. (http://sourceforge.net)
>  search for Swazoo.  You can get
>  the current code from there.  Further information about Swazoo is
>  available at: http://wiki.cs.uiuc.edu/CampSmalltalk
>
>  Swazoo is an open source project under the LGPL license...

The rest just talks about problems people have with various licenses,
and there are as many of those as the day is long.

Swazoo was promoted as an LGPL project, of this there is no doubt.

Is Janko now saying that people who contributed to Swazoo were duped?
Or are the people thinking that Swazoo is under MIT being duped?  Or
are we all being duped because Janko has something else in mind for
the future?

http://www.openskills.org/