[squeak-dev] Re: [ANN] New FunSqueak 6

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Mon Mar 24 20:57:50 UTC 2008

On 2008 March 24, Klaus D. Witzel wrote:
> Thank you Edgar :)
>
> Before I forget it, during your stint outside of hyperspace, the squeak-ev
> list (Squeak in Germania) asked about MathMorphs and the Squeakland
> .image; do you have any Squeakland+MathMorphs status information which I
> could forward to them?

Hi Klaus,

Edgar and I ported the original MathMorphs (and Morphicwrappers) to 3.9. the
main purpose was to convert the code to Monticello in hope it will invite
easier maintenance. The main part of MathMorphs code loads and is quite
complete, although more could always be done.

If someone is interested in using it, i would not mind maintaining it,
although the next 3 months my time will be tight. In fairness, before people
start using it, I would like to clarify the license. During the original port
to SqueakSource and follow up emails I attempted to make 2 points clear:
	- That the original work is from authors at the University of Buenos Aires
and others, we merely ported it and converted to Monticello.
	- I was trying (unsuccesfully) to find out/ask what the original licensing
was. As a result, no license is specified. If any of the original authors
read this, please let us know...

The main links are summarized here:

	Original Site and Code:
	http://mate.dm.uba.ar/~caniglia/mathMorphs.html