[squeak-dev] Moving MathMorphs further [was: [ANN] New FunSqueak 6]

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Tue Mar 25 01:26:13 UTC 2008

Hey Milan,

on Mon, 24 Mar 2008 21:57:50 +0100, you wrote:

> On 2008 March 24, Klaus D. Witzel wrote:
>> Thank you Edgar :)
>>
>> Before I forget it, during your stint outside of hyperspace, the
>> squeak-ev
>> list (Squeak in Germania) asked about MathMorphs and the Squeakland
>> .image; do you have any Squeakland+MathMorphs status information which I
>> could forward to them?
>
> Hi Klaus,
>
> Edgar and I ported the original MathMorphs (and Morphicwrappers) to 3.9.
> the
> main purpose was to convert the code to Monticello in hope it will invite
> easier maintenance. The main part of MathMorphs code loads and is quite
> complete, although more could always be done.
>
> If someone is interested in using it, i would not mind maintaining it,
> although the next 3 months my time will be tight.

Nobody in squeak-ev (except perhaps some of their busy developers :) knew
nothing about those morphs until Edgar put the fun into his fun .image so,
no problem with waiting a bit more until things fall in place :)

> In fairness, before people
> start using it, I would like to clarify the license. During the original
> port
> to SqueakSource and follow up emails I attempted to make 2 points clear:
> 	- That the original work is from authors at the University of Buenos
> Aires
> and others, we merely ported it and converted to Monticello.
> 	- I was trying (unsuccesfully) to find out/ask what the original
> licensing
> was. As a result, no license is specified.

Waahhh, not this +"*%&/ license word again ;-)

> If any of the original authors
> read this, please let us know...

Yes please, and thank you very much Milan for the good news.

> The main links are summarized here:
>
> 	Original Site and Code:
> 	http://mate.dm.uba.ar/~caniglia/mathMorphs.html
>
> 	SqueakSource