[squeak-dev] Swazoo - LGPL or MIT?

Reinout Heeck reinz at desk.org
Tue Mar 25 11:15:01 UTC 2008

Janko Mivšek wrote:
> Reinout Heeck wrote:
>
>>> Just changed to MIT on squeakforge, to please all license
>>> fundamentalists out there :)
>>>

>> Janko,
>>
>> I find this totally un-F-ing-believable.
>
> Reinout, please cool down. This change wasn't most reasonable thing I
> did, I admit, and it is changed back.
>
> About other thing, better read a whole thing  before making such attacks
> and you will slowly see who is a really a bad guy here.  Well, I know him
> personally and so I can even understand him, but here in public his
> consequences are things like your mail.

I found the other threads (after I posted my first message) and read
them now; fortunately some people there addressed my concerns too.

I find it worrisome that you still think Bruce's actions elicited my
mail, it is your actions that did. I also don't understand why you would
call him a 'bad guy' here for being forced to defend his copyright.
Reading the other threads didn't leave impression of badness.

> And then you believe him that he
> was removed from Swazoo mailing list  (which I think even he came to the
> reason and don't claim anymore). Of course now you think it was me who
> removed him, yes?

I held that for possible yes, given you already unilaterally changed the
license - that's how reputation works. The important matter is of course
whether he can now take part in the discussions there.

> Janko

reply-to: set to my private email, hope the list server preserves that.

-