[squeak-dev] On the swazoo list

Bruce Badger bwbadger at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 00:00:15 UTC 2008

On 25/03/2008, Jimmie Houchin <j.squeak at cyberhaus.us> wrote:

>  Why don't we quit speaking on behalf of those copyright
>  holders and let them speak for themselves. Time will tell where they
>  stand on this.

Quite.  My view exactly.  Had this happened from the outset, this
whole set of threads would never have appeared.

> Is it at the moment. Or is it a mistake which was made and has been
>  corrected.

I have only just become aware that a correction was in the air, much
less implemented.

>  You seem to wish to make his mistake the sole pivotal issue in this.

No.  I just want to make sure that the licensing of Swazoo is clearly
indicated as being LGPL from inception to date.  If that has already
happened, then smashing.  This kind of discussion has come up before,
and indeed I thought it had been resolved before, but sadly it came up
again out of the blue.  Really, I just want to make sure the current
situation is clear and that we can't slip back into some understanding
other than that Swazoo is currently under the LGPL.

So, lets get this resolved so we can move on.

Best regards,
    Bruce
http://www.openskills.org/