[squeak-dev] Swazoo - LGPL or MIT?

Bruce Badger bwbadger at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 00:44:58 UTC 2008

On 25/03/2008, Jimmie Houchin <j.squeak at cyberhaus.us> wrote:
> Bruce Badger wrote:
>  > For now we need to get things straight so we have a starting point for
>  > discussion.
> But what lacks being straightened?

I just checked and the current situation seems to be:

o SourceForge has been reverted and now correctly shows the LGPL again

o The Squeak Map Package Loader still shows an MIT license for Swazoo elements

... so the current lack appears to be in the data available through
the Squeak Map Package Loader which would incorrectly lead people to
think that Swazoo was under MIT.  This needs to say the LGPL instead.

Also, unless I have missed it, Janko has not posted to this list
acknowledging that Swazoo is currently under the LGPL and has been
since project inception.

Without these latter two there would still appear to be a lack of
clarity on the license which applies to Swazoo, but again, my
apologies if I have missed something.

Best regards,
    Bruce
http://www.openskills.org/