[squeak-dev] Re: FFI and FreeTypePlus problem?

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Thu Mar 27 21:00:21 UTC 2008

Yeah, I had forgotten about the problem. The issue comes from a call to
Smalltalk>>recreateSpecialObjectsArray (which is required for the FFI to
work correctly) and which accidentally nukes the external semaphore
table. The fix is simple: Replace the following line in
SystemDictionary>>recreateSpecialObjectsArray

	newArray at: 39 put: Array new.

by
	"Preserve external semaphores when recreating splObjs"
	newArray at: 39 put: (self specialObjectsArray at: 39).

Also, saving and restarting the image after loading the FFI is good
temporary workaround for this problem.

Cheers,
   - Andreas