[squeak-dev] The Old Man

Sebastian Sastre ssastre at seaswork.com
Mon Mar 31 11:09:15 UTC 2008

Hi Marcus,

	this makes think about a challenge for our community (and I bet is not
restricted to squeak). I mean to reach the point of finishing our projects like
in manufacturing or woodwork being a hard stage to reach.

	I see development software as a never ending story but exactly for that
reason we need smart milestones. And those milestones will help more if they are
defined by real value achievements. By real value I mean real people having real
benefits. Nothing is more encouraging and motivational than that. On the
contrary, the lack of yield of real value produces erotion of any motivation.

	In comercial projects this is obviously mapping to a cashflow and
peoject's ROI but I see it also apply to non comercial projects as I noted.

	So this brings another important question: which criteria we should
prioritize to decide milestones? How do we achieve the win-win-win for our
projects?

	Marcus you bring us a very relevant discussion and reflection,

	thanks!

Sebastian Sastre