[squeak-dev] FW: [UI] Call to arms

Gary Chambers gazzaguru2 at btinternet.com
Mon Mar 31 23:43:18 UTC 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: ui-bounces at lists.squeakfoundation.org
[mailto:ui-bounces at lists.squeakfoundation.org]On Behalf Of Gary Chambers
Sent: 29 March 2008 9:50 PM
To: Squeak's User Interface
Subject: [UI] Call to arms

Right, I think we want to improve Squeak in terms of user interaction.
This may be far-ranging to start with. This is a call for discussion.

Where do we want to be with Squeak, anybody with an investment it the way it currently works is welcome.

We are looking at re-engineering the basics, the VM teams are welcome to add their 2 (cents, pennies, etc).

I think we envisage a framework (for want of a better word)  that is rather fundamental, upon which existing Morphic can live, along with opportunities for radical new ui frameworks.

Hands up, and we'll see who can form a team.

Gary.