[squeak-dev] Squeak 3.9 alpha image wanted

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Thu May 1 19:13:43 UTC 2008

[squeak-dev] Squeak 3.9 alpha image wanted

Hi Matthias,

For debugging the most useful to image use is:

http://ftp.squeak.org/images_with_all_changes/Squeak3.9a.from3.0.zip

This is the final 3.8 image (6665) just after it has been bumped. It also has a complete version history from 3.0 onward.

The last 3.9 alpha image before the changes were compressed
 and new sources produced is (7053).
 I think that got purged from the ftp site.
Someone might know where you can find a version of it.

I've also planted several issues on mantis around this topic.

See:
6876  Why is my UI slow?
http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=6876

2084  Each overlaping browser slows down screen updates considerably. Caching the image would speed things up.
http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=2084

and Matthew Fulmer has added:
6890 PluggableListMorph is slow
http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=6890

I highly recommend you use mantis to describe your findings and solutions.
Mantis helps track things and document them for the future.
Then refer to your reports in your posts to this list.

***
>Matthias Berth matthias.berth at googlemail.com
>Thu May 1 15:49:13 UTC 2008
>
>Hello,
>

>can anyone tell me were to find the earliest available 3.9 alpha image?
>
>I want to identify the cause of the slowdown of browsers when you have
>many of them opened.
>
>  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.smalltalk.squeak.general/108359
>
>I am using the benchmark from Andreas. So far I see the problem in the
>current squeak-dev 3.9.1, Squeak3.9b-7029.image. Browser speed is OK
>in Squeak3.8-6665.image (Squeak3.8-6665-basic.zip).
>
>Cheers
>
>Matthias
>
><details snipped>
***