[squeak-dev] SqueakGTK

Gwenaël Casaccio mrgwen at gmail.com
Fri May 2 14:04:38 UTC 2008

Hi everybody,

I put a new version of SqueakGTK at
http://gforge.inria.fr/frs/?group_id=1211, you can download the
squeakVM (squeakGTK-3.10-1.tar.bz2 but only for unix maybe macos ??)
patched with the GtkPlugin and the callback support and rebuild the
vm.

To build the vm inside the Squeak- 3.10-1 dir
create a dir i.e. build/ go to this dir,
../platform/unix/config/configure
make
[make install]

After you can install the Gtk-G.C.70.mcz file into your image and do
in a workspace : "GtkDemo open" ;)

If don't use a unix version of the vm or if you want to rebuild the vm
by hand you must patch the code source of the squeakVM with the
GtkPlugin-02052008.tar.bz2 and also with
squeakCallback-02052008.tar.bz2 inside your image install vmmaker,
install Callback.cs, ExtraRoot.cs and Gtk-G.C.70.mcz. Once you've done
this with vmmaker you can rebuild the vm.

I don't think the plugin will work for the squeak windows vm (I've
tried to compile the vm but without success)

Cheers,
Gwenael Casaccio