[squeak-dev] Re: Debugging slow browsers

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Sat May 3 20:37:15 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-05-03 at 12:10 -0700, Jerome Peace wrote:
> [squeak-dev] Re: Debugging slow browsers
>
> I don't have the ability (or permissions) to upload it.
> It was once in the directory of 3.9 images so someone might have a restorable copy.
> Possibly Ken Causey who did the clean up of the directories.

Not me.  I made noise but some release team member actually did the
work.

> If that doesn't pan out, write me privately with your snailmail address and I'll make you a cd with that image.

I'm certainly not opposed to maintaining the full set of development
images for the two most recently released versions.  However you can
recreate a 6684 image by taking

http://ftp.squeak.org/3.8/Squeak3.8-6665-basic.zip

NOT letting it update when it asks to do so and then

SystemVersion newVersion: 'Squeak3.9alpha'.
Utilities updateFromServerThroughUpdateNumber: 6684.

This will take a while and you will need to click a number of
confirmation dialogs but this should result in the desired image, if I
understand this discussion (which I can't say I've followed all that
closely).  In fact I'm in the process of doing that now to confirm.

Ken