[squeak-dev] [ANN] A new anniversary without 3.10

Peter Crowther Peter at ozzard.org
Wed May 7 20:34:48 UTC 2008

[Yeah, I know, I've been away for a while.]

> From: Randal L. Schwartz
> This would be my question as well.  What *is* missing?

A supportive community pulling in the direction of a release.  Instead,
there is a fragmented community who want many different things, arguably
few of which are suitable for the coherent, image-based exquisite
personal computing platform which tempted so many of us into Smalltalk
in the first place.  This makes the release manager's job so hard that
it is a job nobody wants to take - it's a poisoned chalice.  Whoever
produces the next release of Squeak will get more criticism than praise,
because some people's favourite features will have been left out of the
image while others' least favourite features will have come in.

Anyone want the job?

		- Peter