[squeak-dev] Squeak News Team Report - April 2008

Michael Davies mykdavies+squeak at gmail.com
Wed May 7 21:31:52 UTC 2008

Hello All,

This is your monthly News report for April 2008.

The purpose of the News Team is to publish news regarding Squeak
and Smalltalk development and use. It aims to provide a service to the
Squeak community, highlighting anything which Squeak users may find
interesting in The Weekly Squeak newszine. It will also try to promote
Squeak and Smalltalk outside its own community, by submitting articles
and news items to mainstream websites such as Slashdot and OSNews.

We had 11,972 direct page views for the month of April, this is
slightly down from March, but better than the figure for the same
month last year.

In total, ten articles were posted. Our top three articles were
(figures includes RSS views):

Free Smalltalk books - 3,780 hits
http://weeklysqueak.wordpress.com/wp-admin/post.php?action=edit&post=391

Video of Newspeak lecture now available - 3,630 hits
http://weeklysqueak.wordpress.com/wp-admin/post.php?action=edit&post=396

The Year of Smalltalk - 3,051 hits
http://weeklysqueak.wordpress.com/wp-admin/post.php?action=edit&post=387

If you have any news that you think that others may find interesting
or useful, please feel free to drop the News Team a line. If you're
planning any publicity for new releases, book launches, we can work
with you to co-ordinate publication.

Happy Squeaking,
Michael Davies
Squeak News Team Leader.