[squeak-dev] Re: [ANN] A new anniversary without 3.10

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Thu May 8 08:46:47 UTC 2008

Andreas Raab a écrit :
> 3) Suitable welcome information inside the release. Check out
> http://ftp.squeak.org/3.6/Squeak3.6-5429-full.zip for what this can look
> like - in 3.6 there is a whole bunch of interesting stuff to explore
> which makes it interesting and engaging (and sadly I will add that 3.6
> full is *smaller* than 3.10 basic). [some might consider this point
> finished and I wouldn't hold the release because of it but it seems very
> hard these days to explain to anyone who downloads Squeak what's cool
> about it]

+1

Squeak is not welcoming anymore... first time I met Squeak it was on 3.4
I think, and the overall first impression was great, lots of things to
discover and wonder at. these days there is a dull grey background with
a few windows opened on technical text, details of last updates... it
could not be more different.

Stef