[squeak-dev] Re: [ANN] A new anniversary without 3.10

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu May 8 10:57:37 UTC 2008

El 5/7/08 6:44 PM, "Ken Causey" <ken at kencausey.com> escribió:

> I'm using 3.8 as my example of a good release.  For 3.10 we need to
>
> 1.  Populate any incomplete platform support directories.
>
> 2.  Delete temporary files (note the wget-log files).
>
> 3.  Fix the 3.10 release zip:
>
> currently while the zip file itself is properly named
> Squeak3.10-7159-basic.zip the contents of the file are named
>
> Squeak3dot10.7159.changes
> Squeak3dot10.7159.image
>
> The zip should be recreated with consistent naming.
>
> 4.  Update the Squeak.org website to reflect 3.10 as the current stable
> release.
>
> 5.  I feel I'm forgetting something but I can't think of anything else
> at the moment.
>
>> Who can do it?
>
> Who 'can' or who 'should'?  I guess at this point really it's a matter
> of 'can'.  Can for most of the steps includes just about any recent
> release team member (including most of 3.7, 3.8, 3.9, 3.10) and all
> box-admins team members including myself.
>
> In the interest of expediency I'm willing to do as much as possible
> myself if Edgar wouldn't be insulted by my further interference.  I can
> take care of steps 1 (with assistance from VM developers), 2, 3, and
> maybe even 4 although I will probably need to coordinate with Janko or
> other webteam members.  And I guess I could even take care of 5 if I
> remember what it is. ;)

Thanks, I happy to learn and don't was insulted at all.

You could do 1, 2 and 3.

Myself could do 4.

What drive to next question.

Keith is right in insist on we should put one correction and myself get some
feedback from FunSqueak about flaps.

Also I discover with my Morphic games some methods we have in earlier Squeak
don't exist in 3.10 , without any good reasons for not having.

All this , and Mantis reports should go to some release image.

So I ask you made a interim Squeak 3.11 folder for put a "pre-alpha" image
for all people working now could find all related files.

Or maybe give access to current [DIR] Experiments/  for no confuse people.

Edgar