[squeak-dev] [help] Looking for assistance in debugging unimplemented calls.

Jerome Peace peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Sun May 11 03:01:17 UTC 2008

[help] Looking for assistance in debugging unimplemented calls.

Hi all,

Squeak 7159 has 178 unimplemented calls.
This is less than in 3.9 but still a lot.

Some have good explainations others are obvious spelling errors.
Some are ancient some have been recently installed.
Indeed the installer seems to have at least four. (hi Keith :-)

I have written a test to keep a lid on them.

I have also writen patches where I felt I could safely do so.
In this regard I am writing for help.
Would someone who is in a postition to do so please install the patches
 and then run the complete tests to see if any of them break something obvious.
I don't think they will but I touched a lot of code
and may have guessed wrong on some of them.
I have been known to do that. :}

The tests and patches are available on Mantis:

http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7042
7042 [fixes][tests] Whitling down unimplemented calls in sq7159