[squeak-dev] Time for a new DB-Plugin [wa: Threaded ODBC]

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Sun May 11 10:24:34 UTC 2008

On Sat, 10 May 2008 21:08:53 +0200, Rob Rothwell wrote:

> On 5/10/08, Igor Stasenko wrote:
>>
>> 2008/5/10 Rob Rothwell :
>>
>> I can help with windoze port of openDbx. Lets hope its wouldn't be too
>> hard.
>> Also i can help with making generic binding of openDBX to squeak by
>> implementing a plugin.
>> But i'm not yet ready to start with it :)
>>

> Sounds good.  Is there anything I can try to learn in the meantime that
> would make me more useful?

Yes, sure. Igor+my have decided to build a new DB plugin for the
MS$ platform, so that we perhaps no longer hear complaints about missing
MS$+DB support (for the major/open DB vendors) in Squeak. You are invited
to join us, we could make use of some input and also help with non-toy DB
testing (and whatever you'd like to share or help with).

This is also an invitation to join the project, for Squeakers who asked
for Oracle support on their MS$ platform.

Send email please.

/Klaus