[squeak-dev] Responses to IRC Questions arising

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Mon May 12 09:07:11 UTC 2008

El 5/12/08 1:23 AM, "Matthew Fulmer" <tapplek at gmail.com> escribió:

> Yeah. That's what we discussed in the last release team meeting,
> which was like a month ago, and I still haven't posted the
> summary. My excuse is that it was the last month of the school
> semester (ya know, when all the projects are due). I'm working
> on it; I'd like to make a nice set of documents like I did for
> the relicense effort (which is currently on hold).
>
>> For instance, if next release can be based on fully automated
>> LPF/installer scripts i expect to see a detailed description with
>> step-by-step instructions how developers can step-in, add change and
>> step out, without chances that they will break/intrude on field which
>> is under responsibility of others.

The current release model is Ralph model.
No scripts, no external mumbo jumbo.
As example I resurrect ReleaseBuilder , used in 3.8 and older releases.
Bert at the time we start advice about how do this.
And Ralph says no Doits, no weird things.

So if we wish unload Traits, we must have a #unloadTraits as we have #
unloadMorphicClasses and #unloadSome in ReleaseBuilderFor3dot10.

In ReleaseBuilderFor3dot11 we have #unloadSomeMore2 ,#unloadSomeMore3 and #
prepareforUnloadBookMorphandFriends #prepareforUnloadEtoys #
prepareforUnloadNebraska

Keep in mind in the future we should converge to Pavel works
(MinimalMorphic) to Craig Spoon or to Juan Vuletich Morphic 3.0, the three
forks I have as example of how I wish future Squeak should be.

And remember I was in four teams before , the last two was both
MorphicTeams.

So maybe I know some...
And work for have it.

Now people say FunSqueak should be next full release, very happy with that.

In Smalltalks 2007 I show all the FunSqueak, six months ago...

Soon , if Lord wish, I become 59.

So to old to waste my time.

Or Board say I could do 3.11 and people liking to work on this with me start
to Smalltalk...

Or we could continue JustTalking.

Cheers.

Edgar