[squeak-dev] Re: Unload Traits script

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Mon May 12 13:29:00 UTC 2008

Philippe Marschall wrote:
> All fine and well. But my question is what about people with existing
> traits code (like myself). I don't really care about the
> implementation (it's OO after all). I care wether the stuff actually
> works or not.

I see. I thought your question was more about the meta aspect. Assuming
this goes forward (which, as far as I know is still completely open), I
would suggest you stay with 3.10 for the time being until either a
reload-script for the existing traits implementation is available, or an
alternative traits implementation exists. The version I posted would
require some adjustments for 3.10 and a lot more bug-fixing but the
basics are certainly in place. Having some more black-box tests for
traits would definitely help, too.

Cheers,
   - Andreas