[squeak-dev] Redoing 3.10: License cleaning

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Thu May 15 20:01:28 UTC 2008

>>>>> "David" == David Mitchell <david.mitchell at gmail.com> writes:

David> Depends on how confident you are in VPRI's license cleanliness. I
David> don't mean any offense, to VPRI.

If VPRI would also promise to indemnify any derivative work by setting up a
legal defense fund, this would be one possibility.  I mean, the real purpose
of any license is to have something to help you in court.  And money goes a
long ways. :)

However, I can't imagine any shareholder that would approve such a deal,
unless there was a good business case.

That said, I haven't asked anyone at VPRI.  I would just be surprised.