Centralized Squeak Authentication (was Re: [squeak-dev] SPM (Squeak Project Manager))

Ken Causey ken at kencausey.com
Thu May 15 20:39:34 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-15 at 22:09 +0200, Janko Mivšek wrote:
> But interesting idea would be to make a central registration place for
> all Squeak projects and websites? Maybe by upgrading SqueakPeople?

I talked to Janko about this on IRC but for everyone else:

Some years ago after Cees de Groot setup people.squeakfoundation.org he
created a package that would allow any service that cared to do so
authenticate against the Squeak People account system and even make use
of the certification levels.

http://map.squeak.org/packagebyname/Terminus-client

Squeak People has not changed significantly in that time so in that
sense it should still work.  I'm not sure though if recent Squeak
changes might not affect it however.  I guess, since Cees is busy
elsewhere, I will take responsibility for ensuring that this continues
to work.  I have not tested it.  If someone does and runs into trouble,
let me know.

Ken