[squeak-dev] Packages bots/human conversation

Norbert Hartl norbert at hartl.name
Fri May 16 07:37:33 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-05-16 at 00:42 +0100, Keith Hodges wrote:
> Matthew suggested that we use the packages at lists list as a destination
> for automated squeaksource commit emails, and make the reply-to field of
> these emails point to squeak-dev in order to stimulate conversation
> about said packages on squeak-dev.
>
> Does anyone else have any thoughts on this idea?

I saw the commit mails and I like it. Ok, I like commit mails. It
is an easy way to know what is going on. Sending them to packages
is good idea so everybody interested is able to subscribe.
I wouldn't set the reply-to to squeak-dev. These mail tweakings
(get it from one source but reply to another) are more difficult
to understand than to use the forward button. Discussions can happen
on the packages list (I think there are a lot of subscribers). If
a discussed is needed to move to squeak-dev just hit the forward
button and here we go.

My 2 zent

Norbert