[squeak-dev] How to choose plugins-to-built while compiling a vm?

Norbert Hartl norbert at hartl.name
Fri May 16 08:31:30 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-05-16 at 09:59 -0700, Bert Freudenberg wrote:
> Am 16.05.2008 um 00:23 schrieb Norbert Hartl <norbert at hartl.name>:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > yesterday I got myself a fresh copy of the squeak vm code
> > from subversion. But I wasn't able to compile. There were
> > compile errors in the Gstreamer Plugin.
>
> What kind of error? We use autoconf to disable GStreamer if the
> dependencies are not met.

/home/norbert/src/squeakvm/squeak-svn/platforms/unix/src/plugins/GStreamerPlugin/GStreamerPlugin.c:32:53: error: squeakAudioVideoPipeLineSignalInterface.h: No such file or directory

> > So I tried to exclude
> > that from the compilation but I didn't find it in VMMaker. Then
> > I looked for a configure switch --without-gstreamer or the like
> > but there isn't one. I only got it compiled through editing of
> > the Makefile.
> >
> > It seems there are a lot of plugins you can't choose to build or
> > not. Dbus is one of these candidates.
>
> Again, this uses autoconf to check.

You check if there is support for it on the platform. But I want
to choose not to build even if there is support.

> > What is the best way to deal with that.
>
> Run VMMaker and generate only the plugins you want.

That's what I'm saying. I have neither DbusPlugin nor GStreamerPlugin
in my list of plugins in VMMaker. I must do something wrong. Do I need
to convince VMMaker to rescan the sources?

Norbert