[squeak-dev] license related changes on Mantis server

tim Rowledge tim at rowledge.org
Mon May 19 22:29:33 UTC 2008

I'd like to ask the box-admins to make a few changes to the Mantis
setup in aid of making sure we are totally clear on the licensing of
future contributions. Not being any sort of expert in Mantis setup, I
may well be asking for something impossible, in which case I'm sure I
will be told about it.

On the main page, we need a clear announcement that any code
contributed as a bugfix MUST be MIT license and that submitting code
in a Mantis report is taken as explicit notification that the code is
so licensed. Personally, I'd say that we should take this position for
*any* code but possibly some people may have valid arguments that it
is not appropriate for certain packages or projects. If is plausible
to allow for this, then we should consider it.

On the 'Report Issue' page I suggest that we have a repeat of the main
page note.

If possible some sort of pop-up notification when uploading a file (a
fairly typical action when submitting a proposed solution) might be
sensible.

tim
Porting is such sweet sorrow