[squeak-dev] RE: [Newbies] audio query

Brad Fuller bradallenfuller at gmail.com
Tue May 20 05:29:42 UTC 2008

Hi Ken,

You can play mp3 files within Squeak, and ogg is now available in
Etoys, but I'm not that familiar with the inclusion.
OSC is available in squeak
(http://map.squeak.org/package/61f807be-83a3-4944-bfa1-686ddac7153c)
so you can interface with programs like SuperCollider which is what
Cesare Marilungo is doing..
(http://www.cesaremarilungo.com/sw/supercollider-morphs-for-squeak)
Stéphane Rollandin has create µO
(http://www.zogotounga.net/comp/squeak/sqgeo.htm). I don't know the
current state. Maybe Cesare and Stéphane can give us an update. Craig
Latta had done some work with midi, but I don't think it's integrated
into the main image. Craig?

(I'm forwarding your email to the Squeak-Dev mailing list. The Squeak
Audio mailing list seems to be removed. Anyone know about that?)