[squeak-dev] [ANN][Squeak-dev Images] New location

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Tue May 20 11:35:45 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 10:49 AM, Janko Mivšek <janko.mivsek at eranova.si> wrote:
> Hi Damien,
>
> Damien Cassou wrote:
>
>> please note that the download location for the squeak-dev images (all
>> flavours) has changed to:
>>
>> https://gforge.inria.fr/frs/?group_id=1299
> I must say that I'm not quite happy with a new location. Old one was very
> simple and obvious while on the new one it is quite hard to find anything.
> There is just too much packages for many projects on the page. Can you at
> least put squeak-dev and squeak-web on the separate page?
> I think it would be pity if your excellent work would be less popular
> because of harder accessibility. Easy access to your distributions is really
> important That's in my opinion but I'm sure others would agree too.

I'm sorry I was not clear enough. Some weeks ago, I informed the
squeak mailing-list about a new faster download location with a
counter for each file. It was
http://gforge.inria.fr/frs/?group_id=1211. This address did not
replace the other ones (http://squeak.ofset.org/squeak-dev/ and
ftp://ftp.ofset.org/squeak/squeak-dev).

I opened this thead to inform the list that the new location was not
available anymore and was replaced by
http://gforge.inria.fr/frs/?group_id=1211. The other locations are
still valid. The list of download urls are always available at
http://damien.cassou.free.fr/.

Is that ok?

--
Damien Cassou
Peter von der Ahé: «I'm beginning to see why Gilad wished us good