[squeak-dev] Smalltalk images considered harmful

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Thu May 22 09:25:06 UTC 2008

El 5/22/08 12:26 AM, "Randal L. Schwartz" <merlyn at stonehenge.com> escribió:

> Of course, even then, it means someone on the squeak release team would have
> to tear down an image and build it back up before releasing the "official"
> squeak, or we'd have to live with the idea that Debian is distributing a
> slightly different image.

I remember you this is exact my point of view.
We must go to kernel and grow from kernel (or Spoon).
And I remember all I put as "tentative" 3.11 for all could view and discuss
, see http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/squeak/message/127740
I such image, we don't have Etoys and could load from packages.

If Debian people still complain, the .mcz could be converted to "human
readable" .st or .cs.

Edgar