[squeak-dev] Smalltalk images considered harmful

Norbert Hartl norbert at hartl.name
Thu May 22 12:28:40 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-05-22 at 13:27 +0200, José Luis Redrejo wrote:
> If nobody else does it before I (as the Debian developer who has
> prepared the etoys package and tried to include it in Debian) will do
> it. But, I prefer to wait some time in order to know more arguments
> from all of you. I guess this topic might become a flame in
> debian-devel and I'd like to have as many arguments as possible.

That's the reason I would like to chime in :) After 15 years of linux
experience I'm quite used to this sort of discussions.

>  Also, I'm a little burnout with this, after the license problems seem
> to be fixed , these new problems make me feel I'm wasting my time.

Could be. What are exactly the reasons to bring etoys into debian? Do
need this to have etoys included somewhere else? Otherwise it would be
much less pain to have a separate debian mirror and to work towards the
requirements that are needed by debian to get it included at a later
time. Or just into ubuntu which should be slightly easier to accomplish.

Norbert