[squeak-dev] Re: (Slightly OT) Dan Ingalls on FLOSS "Weekly"

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Sun May 25 14:55:23 UTC 2008

>>>>> "Yoshiki" == Yoshiki Ohshima <yoshiki at vpri.org> writes:

Yoshiki>   And this is my own preference and people has different taste, the
Yoshiki> host changes the subject too often. Dan formulates long sentences and
Yoshiki> talks calmly, but the host interrupts often and a few things got
Yoshiki> ununswered.  I know some people like that style, though.  (When it
Yoshiki> comes to Disney and embedded project, I wished the Parks PDA project
Yoshiki> was mentioned.  If he waited a few more seconds, Dan might have
Yoshiki> thought of it^^;)

We tape the show over skype, and Leo and I can't pass notes very well, because
it's hard for me to type to Leo, listen to the guest(s), and still keep my own
train of thought going.  Leo wanted to make sure to cover each of Dan's bio
points, and so he kept driving the conversation forward... there was a *lot*
to cover (even given the 90 minute format).  On the other hand, I was much
more interested in the Apple crossover, and the creation of Squeak, and the
Lively Kernel, so I kept trying to bring it back to those points.

Sometimes, Leo as the "everyman" and me as the "geek" works very well.  This
time, I'm sorry to say, it was a bit distracting as we had somewhat opposite
goals.

Overall, I'm very happy with this interview though.  And based on the feedback
I'm getting, most of you were happy as well.