[squeak-dev] Re: Composite fill styles in action (or what to do when you bored).

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Mon May 26 00:58:42 UTC 2008

2008/5/25 Edgar J. De Cleene <edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar>:

> El 5/24/08 3:39 PM, "Igor Stasenko" <siguctua at gmail.com> escribió:
>
>> Edgar, do you have a sense of humor? ;)
>

> Think all here know I have a odd one, but maybe not :=)
>

>>And from when Mantis is inappropriate
>> place for putting code? Besides
> i marked report as feature, not as bug.
>> agree with Jerome that it need to be extended with some benchmarks.
> And i
>> don't think that improvement of squeak visual appearance is out
> of scope of
>> release/UI team.
>
>> Edgar
>>

> No, I don't said out of scope.
> Only I saying all have personal preferences.
> Some like Gary Chambers UI and some no.
> Some like round buttons and others no.
> Some like background with blue fill and others maybe like old "paper white"
> background.
>
> IMHO each Squeakers should use Preferences and themes (in past we have
> more).

Well, since corner grips is semitransparent, a resulting color is a
darker or lighter than background color - which is window color.
Grips don't using preferences, all i did is replaced gray colors with own :)

In fact, i think having a Grips morph for system window is wrong way
of doing things.
There should be a FrameMorph, which draws a frame around window and
can handle resizing & mouse tracking. Then we can apply style info to
a frame, like width, drawing style e.t.c.
CornerGripMorph & subclasses is very bad abstraction comparing to this.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.