[squeak-dev] Mantis bug 215, JPEG plugin problems on Sparc

Juan Vuletich juan at jvuletich.org
Wed May 28 03:18:01 UTC 2008

A quick check in the code shows no assumptions on alignment at all. The
sizes of the structs are answered by C primitives to whatever is
currently running in the plugin.

It could be a C compiler issue when compiling for Sparc. It could also
be a problem with libjpeg... However at http://www.ijg.org/ it reads: "
The latest release is version 6b of 27-Mar-1998. This is a stable and
solid foundation for many application's JPEG support.". I believe that
is the version I used for JPEGReadWriter2Plugin.

Someone with a Sparc should try to compile the libjpeg samples to learn
how to configure the C compiler...

Cheers,
Juan Vuletich (original author of JPEGReadWriter2Plugin)