[squeak-dev] Re: Bogus Class Category in 3.10.1-7175 - Mantis #7070

Klaus D. Witzel klaus.witzel at cobss.com
Wed May 28 16:47:46 UTC 2008

On Wed, 28 May 2008 17:59:14 +0200, Ken Causey wrote:

> Note that in the released 3.10.1-7175 you will find a category called
> #Morphic-CandidatesForGo.  Do NOT click any of the classes listed in
> that category as they are not really there but removed in 3.10-7159.
> The result is an annoying, seemingly unstoppable, series of debug
> prompts.  I made a mistake when building 3.10.1-7175, you can look at
>
> http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7070
>
> For more of the gorey details.
>
> My point with this email, other than to apologize, is to ask what I
> should do.  First note that this issue is related to my pre-release
> cleanup and is not due to any changeset in the update stream.  Take a
> 3.10-7159 and update it to 3.10.1-7175 and you will not have this
> problem.
>
> The first solution might be to simply build a replacement
> 3.10.1-7175-basic.zip

I'd say: put a text (big letters from default font) into that .image and
update 3.10.1-7175-basic.zip; an explanation of what's wrong with the
.image and what to do from here.

This will not address possible problems of people who have already
downloaded the current one but, that's easy to find out: they can be asked
if they see the text.

/Klaus