[squeak-dev] Algernon issues with sq3.10-7159dev08.05.2

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Thu May 29 07:50:43 UTC 2008

I suggest to review the implementation of #deactivate method.
Classes which going to be uninstalled receiving #deactivate message.

So on #deactivate, algernon should:
a) remove itself from world
b) stop listening keyboard events
c) stop listening system notifications

Also, Algernon coupling both model & view(morph), which i think not very good.
I think it should have detached model and view, and create a morph
only when it needs to show itself (triggered by activate key) , and
delete morph after use, instead of hiding.
In this way, it would be much easier to use algernon interface in OB
mercury pane, for instance.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.