[squeak-dev] Creating/using MIDI ports with external device, how to start?

John Richards ajtr at us.ibm.com
Thu May 29 11:09:20 UTC 2008

I'm trying to open a midi port to receive incoming midi commands and am
completely stuck (after a week of trying everything I can think of).  I've
confirmed that the MIDIPlugin is loaded.  I've tried on both Windows XP
and MacOS.  The only port I have available is this:

MIDI Ports:
        0: QuickTime MIDI (out)

Everything I have tried to create a new one has failed in the midi open
primitive.

I suspect I'm just being dumb and there is an obvious incantation (hope so
anyway).

Thanks so much for any advice you can provide.

John