[squeak-dev] Revising Squeak 7175 (3.10.1)

Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Sat May 31 10:56:14 UTC 2008

El 5/30/08 11:09 PM, "Jerome Peace" <peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com> escribió:

> Revising Squeak 7175 (3.10.1)
>
> Hi Ken, Hi Edgar, Hi Klaus,
>
> First appreciation.
> It is very good to see fixes to 3.10 come out
>  and to see a project run to schedule.
>
> Second appreciation in the form of critism.
> I just downloaded the revised 3.10.1.
> The first thing it tells me is that it is broken
>  and that I should click for an update and save the image.
>
> Everybody who down loads squeak must do this.
>
> Does something about this sound wrong to you?
>
> A revision to fix mistakes should not need user interaction
>  to fix mistakes made to the revision in the last step.
>
> First, you wonder why the releasers just did not
>  do those two steps before the release.
>
> Second, if you look into the problem you will see that
>  updating to 7175 from the update stream avoids the mistake entirely.
>  The phantom catagory is not there.
> The downside of doing it this way is that the changes file is not condensed.
> So why not add a changeset with postscript to do only that?
> Then release the result?
>
> Yours in service and curiosity, --Jerome Peace

Any 3.10.1 related , different to my hard questioned decisions of going back
to old trusted .cs , 3.8 good practices and try to put all Mantis reports
still relevant to 3.10 into the release is not me.

At the moment I only continue FunSqueak and shortly retake my own way.

To any wishing know.

I decide re-made from 3.9 with .cs only.
I decide call SqueakLightII as others do his 3.11 view.
I try to go as closer as MinimalMorphic as possible, but keeping Flaps, the
Projects save and load again, the Morphs save and load again.

Also I try to revamp my "class repository" idea, as any could see in
ftp://edgardec@squeakros.atspace.com:21/squeakros.atspace.com/CompressedClas
ses
pass is squeak , as you could guess

The files there come from 3.8 , sqz files was gzipped files made by Squeak

All this have 8 months of not going forward .

I'm 59 now. Have a year less to do things.

So I could do a better Squeak if any is with me.

Or take a comfortable coach and see "Titanic" again...

Edgar