[squeak-dev] Re: The version 3.10 does not work on Linux.

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Sat May 31 19:03:25 UTC 2008

Giovanni Corriga wrote:
> I'm not talking about mantaining, I'm talking about releasing. Squeak is
> the only system that I know of where the VM/interpreter is not released
> at the same time as "the runtime". We should try and have new VMs
> released when we release the new image, if only to make things more
> understandable for the beginners.

Can you explain what exactly you mean by "more understandable for
beginners"? The current situation is such that we have updated 3.10 VMs
available at http://ftp.squeak.org/3.10/ which (outside of John's naming
scheme) reflect the 3.10 heritage accurately. These VMs were available
in alpha and beta versions earlier and are now available alongside the
appropriate image release. What's not to understand about that?

Cheers,
   - Andreas