[squeak-dev] Re: List Windows shares from Squeak?

Claus Kick claus_kick at web.de
Wed Nov 5 17:36:21 UTC 2008

Andreas Raab wrote:

> However, listing shares is currently not supported since I have been
> unable to find a way of doing that efficiently (i.e., without locking up
> the VM for 10 or more seconds). If you know of a cheap way of listing
> shares I would absolutely add that feature!
>
> Cheers,
>   - Andreas

Hello Andreas,

in VW you can do something like:

|proc str |
proc := WinProcess new.
str := proc executeSingleCommand:   'net use'.

So, I guess something like:

ExternalOSProcess concreteClass command: 'net use'

should to the trick, but unfortunately it does not work (and I dont know
why that is).

"net use" lists all shares, however you would have to parse the output a
little bit first. Should be faster than 10 seconds or so :)

Best Regards,

Claus