[squeak-dev] Re: Problem with changes file write permissions on Mac OS X

Mikael Kindborg mikael.kindborg at gmail.com
Mon Nov 17 16:55:18 UTC 2008

Hi again!

Think I found the problem! Did some more experiments and it turns out
that the code I file in contains a FileDirectory subclass, and that
class incidentally becomes the default class for FileDirectory, and
messes everything up.

The subclass has no isActiveDirectoryClass method (but it has a
pathNameDelimiter method) , which means that a method in FileDirectory
makes it the default class. On Windows this does not happen, because
the pathNameDelimiter is different and does not match with the
delimiter returned by the subclass. The interesting code is in
FileDirectory activeDirectoryClass method, if anyone is interested. So
this has nothing to do with Mac OS X, but is a tricky aspect of
subclassing FileDirectory.

Sorry for the confusing explanation, kind of in a rush!

Best regards, Micke